November 10, 2011

What really nourishes me....

I've struggled for like forever with FOOD. I'll be honest I love food. I love pure junk from potatoe chips to things that I know aren't bad for me. So what do I go to for comfort? Well for a long time its been food. And that totally sickens me! I so want this love for food not to be what it is. I want to only put in my mouth what is healthy and make better decisions...So that is my prayer tonight that GOD would just totally change me. I so want him more than food! I want my heart right. I know that I'm not alone here and I pray for us all as we seek the LORD to what he'd have us to be. Wanting him more than anything else. I not only want to be thinner physically but I want to be nourished by what I know truely satisifies and that isn't food I know. I'm trying to be real with my journey here...for only when you are honest can you truely begin for healing to begin.

3 comments:

The Life Of Faith said...

I'm with you on that one sister! I love me some food...especially junk food. Have you heard of Lysa Terkeurst's book "Made To Crave"? It is actually about this very topic!
Hang in there!

Laura said...

I've read the book..didn't really help me. Thanks for following my blog! Have a great night.

Cat said...

Laura, I completely understand! I'm currently on a journey from obesity to health, and have realized along that my body had become addicted to junk! Since incorporating proper nutrition and exercise into my life, I have become a much stronger and happier person. Your faith in God and what He can do for us will be a major motivator, and I know He can help you get away from using food as a comfort.
Feel free to email if you want some support and motivation (fitandhappycat@gmail.com), or swing by my blog for proof that you're not alone in your feelings. www.fitandhappy-cat.blogspot.com
Good luck! You can do it!