February 12, 2011

What I'm telling him!

My attitude really has stunk lately and I feel so far away from him. That was where I was at this past week. Then one evening I just fell apart. Someone who I love very much really hurt me. It hurt my feelings but what really brought me to my knees is that is what I tell the LORD when I don't get in his word and seek him. When I get up the 1st thing that I do is turn on my computer and check facebook or whatever. What I should do AFTER COFFEE is to seek him thru prayer and his word. I can come up with all kinds of reasons of why I haven't been where I should be. Then when this person hurt me I realized in the gut of my being is what I was exactly doing to the LORD with my time with him..This hurt was a great reminder to me to STOP going to others to fill that cup. I go from friend to friend to family telling them about my issues or what is bothering me. This time though I began to journal to the LORD. I told him about this issue(BTW he already knew about it) and it spoke to me in ways that I can't really even put into words. So over these last few days when things have bothered me or there is something that I want to talk to my friends about instead of texting or emailing I have talked to the LORD 1st about it. I know that this may sound simple to some but this has put my heart in a new way of thinking. Having friends and being able to share our hearts is vital for that is what GOD gave us friends for however the LORD is who I should be seeking 1st of all. So I'll be telling him about my day, my heart..he knows it anyway. As I do this he will tell me more about him and that is what I'm seeking after all. And to think that the LORD most high wants me? What a great GOD..he is the true lover of my soul!

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

There is definitely a lesson to be learned here and I'm glad I read it this morning. You never know who you might be helping by sharing your trials.

KEE said...

Thank you for sharing. I thought I was the only one who has experienced this. I catch myself all the time quickly reaching for the phone to vent to a friend when I know I should go to Him first.
I'm still working on this.
Thank you for being so honest. Your in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I try to all ways talk to GOD about my problem.But i have to said some times i don't.I love reading your journey,i thank GOD for you being in my life to help me grow.