For those who know me.. know that you won't often find me still. I am on the computer, facebook, or finding something to fill my time. I know its to fill that place that I desire to be filled. I'm learning the lesson to allow GOD to fill me with his presence, his word. Last night, I came home from work and the 1st thing that I did was of course get on the computer and then I sensed the LORD say get off and spend some time with me. For once.. I listened. It was such a sweet time. I took my shower, lighted some candles, and played some praise music and it was just the LORD and I. I turned off my phones and just worshipped him. Those concerns and worries in my heart did not disappear but did not seem so important.
I'm finishing a bible study by Priscilla Shrier called Hearing GOD's voice and last nights lesson was being still. Coindence? I think not. GOD uses so many things to get my attention and the lesson is to slow down and listen to his voice. He so desires to speak to me but so often I take busyiness of life and fail to slow down.
So where-ever you are at today.. lets slow down and know who GOD really is. In order to really know him more is to spend more time with him. He wants me to really know him and that is the desire of my heart.
Psalm 46:10... Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
2 comments:
great post, laura! i love to fill my time too, i don't like to just "sit still".
thanks for the reminder to listen for His voice.
Thanks for the scripture and the reminder.....I need it daily...
Post a Comment