December 27, 2008

What a day!

Today was a special day with my family. We had our family Christmas today with all of my cousins and their children along with my parents, aunts, and grandparents. It was filled with so many people that it was so overwhelming. But it was such a great day!
What I want to share is this. When we go to others to fill our cup we just end up empty. What brought this up, is that when all of my family is together I think about my Aunt June who passed away a few years back. The reason for this is that she was not only my aunt but we had a bond that I can't even express. She was the rock of our family or I thought so. I have thought alot over the last few days about her and the journey that my family has been on since her passing. Some memories are good and some are hard. I may cry just thinking about them. Something that GOD has been teaching me over the last two years is that when I go to others to fill my cup or if I base my support on them I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED EVERY TIME. I am trying to be real here when I say this. I am a needy person . My prayer this morning was that I would always stay desperate for GOD and what he has done in my heart. Only thorough him can my needs be met. It is he alone who can fill the cup of my heart.
Also, I cant keep basing my present situation on what he has done in the past. Those things are awesome but his purpose for me is to glorify him and keep on doing what he has called me to do!
The journey that I as well as those I love is one that is filled with hardships and joys for that is what the Christian life is all about but all I know to do is to pray and keep my all focused upon him. So, my heart is full of love for my LORD. He has been with me every step of the way. This is something that I will never get over. His faithfulness to me is never ending. Even when there does not seem a way out and I have no idea of where GOD is leading me what I do know is that MY GOD is good and his faithfulness is never ending.
So, as the new year approaches we can thank him for what he has done in the past but we can't stay there. We must look ahead and keep our eyes focused on the LORD. He has awesome things in store for us, I am ready! Are you?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry about your Aunt June, Laura. The holidays have such a way of reminding us of our losses, I think. But, for me, it's because I want to share this joy. I love how you turn that grief around. Yes, He has amazing plans...

Blessings,
Laura

Unknown said...

I am SO ready for everything that God has for me in 2009!

Myriam said...

Laura
So great that you were surrounded by loves ones during this beautiful season. I echo the same sentiment about going to others to fill our cups and you are so right - we always end up being disappointed.

May we be ready for the new year as we surrender it all to the LORD.

Have a blessed New Year Laura.

Myriam