November 27, 2008

Got me thinking

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I was reading a blog this morning that talked about being thankful and being so for things that you really are not thankful for. For example, things that have caused us pain such as death of a loved one, divorce, etc. I read most of the responses and my heart hurt for them. Then I thought of what I have been holding on to and not letting some things go. I think of my sweet Aunt June today. Its been two years since she passed away but I think about her every day. I so wish that she was here and I am sure she DOES not feel the same. I hate that this pain of loosing her is still with me. I wish that I had it " all" together but I do not. But what I do know is that my Father loves me still.
So right now, I am being real before not just who reads my blog but to my GOD. There is so much pain and heartache for those around me and those I love but Jesus I do love you. I don't understand but I do love you. I ask that today you would show yourself to me in a way that I can never understand or express.

Psalm 86
1 Hear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you.
3 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long




No comments: