I have been really wanting to say something on my blog for the last few days but my heart has been full of just some changes that God is doing within me. I am on a journey of being all that God wants me to be. Its a life long journey. So today, my heart is just tired of the battle that my heart is fighting when it comes to food. I have lost some weight of which I praise God for. But there is that hold that it still has on me. Instead of thinking about God and really focusing on him, my focus has been on food and what I get to eat next. I wonder what my heart would be like if I would take that devotion that I have had on food and place it 100% on the LORD?
I am being real and honest here. This is the purpose of my blog. I can't just say the " right" answers and expect a change to happen. But for me, I have to be real with myself and more than that GOD. The lesson time and time again that God is teaching me through this stage in my life is to just trust him. It may sound simple but for me I have been holding on way too hard. So right here and now in the quiet of this moment, LORD I release all that I have been holding on instead of you. You know the pain of my heart. When I thought that I was alone I was not. You have and will always be there.
What matters most to me oh GOD is you. I desire for you to remove anything that is not of you. Renew my thoughts, help me to change my outlook.
May I Oh God not just read your WORD and then say ok. But God, may I allow it to get into the very marrow of my being. May it change me from the inside out!
22Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
2 comments:
Wow great post! God is showing you so much and you are so willing to follow Him. He is so pleased with that. I know that He will give you success in the weight loss because your heart is in it now. I'll be cheering ya on.
Love ya,
Sheryl
I'm with you. Food has a special hold on me too. I have been seriously trying to rectify this for the last 2 years. I've improved, but it's still a fight everyday.
It seems like I'll do better for maybe 2 weeks and then just "fall off the wagon". It's hard to get back on.
Getting closer to God is definitely the only thing that keeps me on track. You can do it! Hang in there.
Post a Comment